he USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region is extending fire restrictions and nine national forest closures in California, including Los Padres NF.
The fire prohibition includes building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire or stove.
Officials say the decision to close parks will be evaluated on a daily basis.
“Continued closures are based on extreme fire conditions, critical limitations of firefighting resources, and to provide for firefighter and public safety,” said Regional Forester Randy Moore. “We understand how important access to the National Forests is to our visitors. Our aim is to prevent any new fires on the landscape.”
Forest Service recommends traveling short distances to recreate. Officials say if you're feeling sick, stay home and plan your trip for another time.
Other responsible recreation practices from the Forest Service include:
• Maintaining at least six feet distancing from others
• Do not gather in groups and please follow the latest guidance from officials
• Communicate with others as you pass. Alert trail users of your presence and step aside to let others pass
• Pack out your trash and leave with everything you bring in and use.
• All services may not be available, so please plan accordingly.