Need help filing your taxes? Stop by a San Luis Obispo County Library for free help.
With the help of United Way representatives, free income tax preparation assistance will be available at a few of the public libraries in San Luis Obispo County.
The follow county branches are offering the assistance:
- Los Osos
- San Luis Obispo
- Arroyo Grande
The program will be available on Sundays, February 9- April 5th from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No appointment is necessary and there are no income limits, however fees may apply depended on the schedule prepared.
Participants will use MyFreetaxes.org to file their taxes online.
You are asked to bring the following:
- Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse.
- Original Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on tax return (copies accepted). Contact your local Social Security office to make an appointment if you need to order a copy of your card.
- W-2 or 1099-MISC for all jobs held in 2019.
- All 1098s, 1099s, 1095-As and other tax forms.
- Voided check or savings account and routing numbers for direct deposit refund.
- Last year's tax return, if available.
- Childcare provider information with name, address, etc.
- Landlord's name, address and phone number for renter's credit.
- Free tax assistance is sponsored by CalEITC4Me, County of San Luis Obispo Public Libraries, KSBY and United Way of San Luis Obispo County.