People were able to get free tax filing help at some San Luis Obispo County libraries Sunday.
Every Sunday from now through April 5, United Way representatives will be at libraries in Atascadero, Los Osos, San Luis and Arroyo Grande from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. offering free income tax preparation assistance.
No appointment is necessary and there are no income limits; however, fees may apply depending on the schedule prepared.
Participants will use MyFreetaxes.org to file their taxes online.
You are asked to bring the following:
1. Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse.
2. Original Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on tax return (copies accepted). Contact your local Social Security office to make an appointment if you need to order a copy of your card.
3. W-2 or 1099-MISC for all jobs held in 2019.
4. All 1098s, 1099s, 1095-As and other tax forms.
5. Voided check or savings account and routing numbers for direct deposit refund.
6. Last year's tax return, if available.
7. Childcare provider information with name, address, etc.
8. Landlord's name, address and phone number for renter's credit.