Santa Barbara County bars are being told to shut down for a second time after coronavirus cases began to spike.
Mike Denne, the owner of Elmer's Bar in Orcutt, tells KSBY he is feeling the stress of closing again after being open for the last month.
Denne must close because he is unable to provide a food service, a provision that would allow him to continue operations.
"I think the health and safety of our community is most important and we're going to try to stand behind that," said Denne. "I'm not sure if this is the right way to go but it's what's being asked of us and that's what we're going to do."
The order goes into effect at 8 a.m. on July 1 and will continue until 5 p.m. on July 26 or until it is extended or rescinded.
Denne said he is skeptical about the expected timeline for this closure. The first closure was originally planned for a couple of weeks but lasted about three months.
COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Santa Barbara County.