If you need help with your taxes, you can get that help for free.
On Sundays, Feb. 9 through Apr. 5 (excluding Feb. 16), you can visit any of the following County of San Luis Obispo Public Libraries for help:
- Arroyo Grande
- Los Osos
- San Luis Obispo
Drop by anytime between 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
United Way representatives will be there for any questions you may have. No appointment is necessary and there are no income limits.
Participants will be filing their taxes online using MyFreetaxes.org.
You're asked to bring:
· Photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
· Original Social Security Card or ITIN for each person on tax return (copies accepted)
· W-2 or 1099-MISC for all jobs held in 2019
· All 1098s, 1099s, 1095-As and other tax forms
· Voided check or savings account and routing numbers for direct deposit refund
· Last year’s tax return, if available
· Childcare provider information with name, address, etc
· Landlord’s name, address and phone number for renter’s credit
Free tax assistance is sponsored by CalEITC4Me, County of San Luis Obispo Public Libraries, KSBY and United Way of San Luis Obispo County.