The Central Coast Dignity Health hospitals updated patient visitation guidelines on Wednesday.
The reinstated limits are in place for the safety of patients and staff, a spokesperson with Dignity Health said in a statement. The rules apply to Arroyo Grande Community Hospital, French Hospital Medical Center and Marian Regional Medical Center.
The updated rules are as follows:
- Patients may be accompanied by one visitor per day (with the exception of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units at Marian Regional Medical Center)
- One visitor may be permitted to accompany emergency patients, at the discretion of ER staff
- One care partner and a doula are permitted for labor and delivery
- Those in compassionate care may have special consideration on a case-by-case basis
- At Arroyo Grande Community Hospital and Marian Regional Medical Facility, main and outpatient lobbies are closed to the public.
- All visitors will need to be fully vaccinated or present a negative COVID-19 test performed within 72 hours of their visit
- Masks will need to be worn at all times in the hospital