The popular scarecrow festival and Christmas Market will be returning to Cambria in 2020.
Organizers with both events announced on their web pages that they plan to adjust the events with specific safety protocols in the year of the coronavirus pandemic.
Since the scarecrow festival takes place outside organizers believe the displays can be easily enjoyed while onlookers wear masks and maintain social distancing in order to follow public health guidelines.
There will be four display areas in Cambria and one in San Simeon that will be set up with one-way walkways for viewing the scarecrows. Those include:
- East Village. In the parking lot of the old Brambles building on Burton, the display will be about the town. It will represent some of the businesses and various activities in Cambria such as the Christmas Market, Art and Wine Festival, Harvest Festival, Pinedorado, and Film Festival.
- Mid Village. In front of the Santa Rosa Catholic Church on Main Street there will be a display about the ocean featuring fishermen, mermaids, and other whimsical sea creatures.
- Pinedorado Grounds. This display will be about fantasy and include some of our more zany creations.
- West Village. The lot next to the Shell Station will display a very colorful Day of the Dead Fiesta.
- San Simeon. This year the Zombies will be electing a mayor of Zombieville, so voting will be the theme-zombie style.
Organizers are encouraging the community to display their own scarecrows, and register them here. Although there will not be any judging this year, they are working to create a Cambria map app that will allow people to locate the registered scarecrows throughout town.
The Cambria Christmas Market is another popular holiday event on the Central Coast and organizers say they plan to return this winter.
The event team says they are working hard to come up with solutions that will allow them to create a christmas wonderland while also follow all the safety protocols recommended by the public health department.
Those safety measures include different layout options, social distancing, sanitizing, and ticketing options. Organizers say details have not been finalized yet, however the community can check this website to stay updated on those future plans.