Scheduled power outages will affect more than 200 customers in Lompoc Friday.
Emergency repairs are needed in several south-central and southeast neighborhoods after a balloon became caught in power lines Thursday night, knocking out power to some, according to City officials.
Power is expected to be out Friday in the following areas from 10:30 a.m. until about 6:30 p.m.
- 614 E. Hickory Ave.
- 704 E. Hickory Ave.
- 705 E. Hickory Ave.
- 500 block of E. Locust to the 700 block of E. Locust
- 500 block of E. Olive Ave. to the 700 block of E. Olive Ave.
- 601 block of E. Willow Ave. to the 619 block of E. Willow Ave.
- 100 block of S. A Street to the 400 block of S. A Street (for odd-numbered addresses only)
- 100 Block of S. B Street to the 500 block of S. B Street
- 100 Block of S. C Street to the 500 block of S. C Street and 600 ½ S. of C Street
- 200 Block of S. D Street to the 400 Block of S. D Street (even-numbered addresses only).
Back in April, the city experienced a wide-spread outage from a Mylar balloon caught in power lines.
PG&E encourages people to keep Mylar balloons secure due to the problems they pose if they come in contact with power lines.