A regional coalition of economic experts and business leaders unveiled a plan Thursday to create 15,000 new jobs on the Central Coast by 2030.
REACH 2030 aims to create jobs with annual salaries of at least $50,000. The goal was set after an analysis of local workforce and population trends.
"We still don't know the second and third degree impacts of COVID on the economic well-being of our businesses, our employees, or their families, but we know that people were struggling before and it has only gotten worse," said Melissa James, REACH President/CEO.
The plan focuses on six initiatives:
- Foster the start-up, attraction and expansion of high-wage industries in agritech, cleantech & renewable energy, aerospace & defense, precision manufacturing and technology
- Build a thriving space enterprise at Vandenberg Air Force Base
- Influence the transformation of Diablo Canyon
- Champion regional planning in support of economic expansion
- Spur infrastructure investment through collaboration and innovation
- Expand and integrate education opportunities
Click here to view the REACH 2030 Action Plan for Central Coast Job Creation.