Safe and Sane firework sales will begin at 12 p.m. on Sunday, June 28 in Lompoc and continue through 9 p.m. on Saturday July 4.
The use of these fireworks is only allowed from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. July 4. Minors are not allowed to light or be in possession of fireworks without an adult present. Fireworks may not be discharged on or over another person's property or within 10 feet of a residence, 500 feet of a fireworks sales booth or in a public area.
Safe and Sane Fireworks may be used on Fourth of July in the Lompoc Valley Chamber of Commerce and Visitor's Bureau parking lot, which is the only city-sanctioned open discharge area.
The City of Lompoc is asking residents to be respectful of the impacts fireworks have on veterans, pet owners and others affected by loud noises or lights.
Citations and fines will be issued if fireworks are used illegally. The discharge of illegal fireworks from private property could result in a minimum fine of $1,500 for the first offense.
The Lompoc Fire Department is encouraging residents igniting fireworks to stay clear of dry brush.
The following non-profit organizations will sell safe and sane fireworks at the listed locations from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily:
- Word of Grace Christian Center - 415 W. Central Ave. (Big Brand Tire)
- Providence First AME Church - 701 W. Central (Foods Co.)
- Lompoc Employee Development Association - 1009 N. H St. (Planet Fitness)
- Lompoc Valley Parks, Rec & Pool Foundation - 1500 N. H St. (Albertsons)
- First Apostolic Church - 729 N. H St. (Vons)
- Lompoc Valley Baptist Church - 1206 W. Ocean Ave. (Dollar General)
Santa Maria fireworks stands will open June 28. The city will have 26 approved stands.