The City of San Luis Obispo has a creative way for community members to help support local businesses.
A new social media campaign encourages locals to get out, be creative, and show off the ways they are supporting the community.
The campaign is called #SLOready Social Media Challenge and asks residents of San Luis Obispo to submit photos or videos via social media participating in four different activities while tagging @ShareSLO and #SLOready. The challenge begins Monday, August 3 and runs through the entire month. On September 1, one person will be randomly selected to win a grand prize staycation package.
Here is how to enter:
Step 1: Take a photo or video of yourself supporting San Luis Obispo by completing any or all of the below activities:
1. Exploring SLO's many open spaces and outdoor experiences
2. Shopping in store or online at a SLO retailer.
3. Dining outdoors or getting takeout from a SLO City restaurant.
4. Posing in your favorite San Luis Obispo location while sporting a face covering/practicing safe social distancing
Step 2: Post photos/video on your social media and be sure to #SLOready, tag @ShareSLO as well as the business you're supporting. Submit your post to be entered into the #SLOready Challenge grand prize giveaway by emailing promotions@VisitSLO.com as proof of completion.
Participants can do multiple posts, as each post will earn you an entry.
The winner will earn a grand prize package that includes:
● Drinks for two at Granada Hotel & Bistro
● Dinner for two at Luna Red + a $50 Marketplace gift card
● A two-night stay at Hotel Cerro + breakfast for two at Brasserie SLO
● Yoga for two with SLO Yoga Center
To find out more about this campaign, visit this website.