Firefighters with the San Luis Obispo City Fire Department responded Sunday morning to reports of a stove fire at Mustang Village Apartments in San Luis Obispo.
In a call with KSBY, an official with the San Luis Obispo City Fire Department says one Cal Poly student lives in the apartment and was not displaced.
Officials say the fire was initially reported at 10:04 a.m. When responding crews arrived, the stove fire inside the apartment was already knocked down, but the unit was filled with smoke.
SLO City Truck 1, Truck 2, and Battalion 2 on scene of a stove fire at Mustang Village. Fires out, structures being ventilated, no students displaced. pic.twitter.com/xtq1lGbR90— SLO City Fire (@SLO_City_Fire) February 23, 2020
The fire department says fire crews assisted in ventilating the building.
By 10:26 a.m., firefighters were able to turn over the apartment to the tenant, said the official with the fire department.
Officials say there was no structural damage to the apartment.