You can now donate masks, gloves and other protective equipment to help Santa Barbara County emergency workers protect themselves from COVID-19.
Santa Barbara County is teaming up with the Foodbank of Santa Barbara to establish a countywide process for the donation of personal protective equipment (PPE) from the community.
Starting Monday, March 30th, people can stop by several locations to donate PPE in the county.
Here's a list of PPE you can donate:
- N95 masks (NIOSH-approved)
- Surgical and procedure masks (FDA-approved)
- Exam gloves (powder free; nitrile or latex preferred)
- Isolation gowns/coveralls
- Hospital grade cleaning wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Eye protection (face shields, goggles, safety glasses)
- Thermometers (disposable or non-contact/temporal scanner)
All PPEs must be sealed and in the original packaging, must not be expired (with the exception of NIOSH-approved N95 masks in accordance with the Emergency Use Authorization) and must not have stains, odors or tears
Donations will be accepted at the following locations: