NewsLocal News

Actions

Second arrest made in Santa Barbara Co. child sex case

Default-Image_1280x720-KSBY.png
Posted at 5:23 PM, Jun 24, 2020
and last updated 2020-06-24 20:23:23-04

A second arrest has been made in connection with a child sex case out of Santa Barbara County.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Office says Vicente Lopez Ceballos, 25, of Los Angeles, turned himself in at sheriff's headquarters Wednesday morning on a warrant for unlawful sexual activity.

He was wanted in connection with a continuing investigation that first resulted in the arrest in April of last year of Gregory Scott Ray, 54.

Ray is facing 28 felony and three misdemeanor charges related to alleged sexual involvement with 12 boys between the ages of 13 and 17, according to the sheriff's office, which says the alleged crimes date back to 2007.

"During the course of the investigation, detectives discovered Lopez and Ray engaged in sexual acts simultaneously with a 14-year old male juvenile victim," the sheriff's office said in a press release.

Lopez was arrested on suspicion of oral copulation and sodomy of a person under the age of 16, officials say.

He's being held at the Santa Barbara County Jail in lieu on $100,000 bail.

The sheriff's office says there may be other potential victims who investigators have not yet contacted.

Anyone with information that may help with the investigation is asked to contact Detective Vasquez at (805) 934-6170.

To leave an anonymous tip, call (805) 681-4171.