Due to rain, the San Luis Obispo City Warming Center will open Monday.
Client check-in will begin at 4:30 p.m. at 40 Prado Road.
Those who need shelter may arrive at any time during the evening, but if they leave, they may not be allowed to return that night.
Pets are allowed and smoking is also allowed in the designated smoking area.
Overnight guests will be given a hot meal.
While the center closes at 8:00 a.m., clients will have access to regular center services beginning at 8:30 a.m.
According to the center, the following donations are currently needed:
· Sleeping bags and blankets (highly needed)
· Large trash bags
· Disposable plates, bowls, cups, and utensils
· Coffee, tea, creamer, sugar
· Breakfast Bars
· Instant Noodle/Cup of Noodles
· Large backpacks
· New socks and warm gloves
· Rain gear/ponchos/umbrellas
Donations can be dropped off at 40 Prado Road. If you have any questions regarding donations, call 805-544-4004 x 0.
The SLO City Warming Center opens when either of the following criteria are met:
· 38 degrees and/or 50%+ chance of rain, according to the National Weather Service
For those individuals needing immediate support, SLO Hotline is a confidential mental health support, crisis and suicide prevention telephone line which also provides mental health resource information. Available 24 hours a day at (800) 783-0607.