San Luis Obispo County has plans to support the community for Mental Health Awareness Month this May.
Beginning May 4, the county will be hosting a drive-thru event at five locations.
There will be self-care packages handed out as well as gift certificates for House of Bread.
The locations and times are as follows:
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021. 9:30 a.m - 10:30 a.m. at St. Joseph’s Church in Nipomo
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at Baywood Elementary in Los Osos
- Thursday, May 20, 2021. 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Cambria Grammar School and District Office
- Friday, May 21, 2021, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at Transitions Mental Health Association in San Luis Obispo
- Friday, May 28, 2021, 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. at Paso Robles Housing Authority at Oak Park
The Behavioral Health Department will also be hosting a virtual event with keynote speaker Frank Warren, creator of PostSecret, on May 6 from 6-8 p.m. Click here to register.
Many more virtual resources and activities will be offered, including a youth town hall. For more information, visit the county's website.