A wall heater sparked a fire in a Santa Barbara apartment overnight, investigators say.
Santa Barbara City firefighters responded to reports of a possible fire at about 3:20 a.m. Friday on the 300 block of West Pedregosa St.
Fire officials say the person who reported the fire lives in the apartment above and woke up to the smell of smoke and called 911.
Fire officials say they determined a wall heater in a bedroom sparked the fire, but the investigation is ongoing.
Damage was contained to the bedroom and contents inside it and is estimated at $20,000.
Firefighters remind people to turn off heaters when they leave their homes and to have working smoke detectors.