WeatherFire Watch

Actions

Structure fire injures 1 in Nipomo

Nipomo house fire.JPG
Posted at 4:29 PM, Jan 15, 2021

UPDATE (5:28 p.m.) - Firefighters say the fire started when the homeowner was putting fuel in a lawn trimmer. The gas spilled onto the hot engine of the machine and ignited.

The homeowner reportedly suffered a minor burn on his forehead and was taken to the hospital by a neighbor.

Firefighters say the garage is about a 70% loss. One car was totally destroyed in the fire.
___

(4:29 p.m.) - One person is being treated for burn injuries following a structure fire in Nipomo Friday afternoon.

CAL FIRE SLO says the fire broke out at around 4:11 p.m. on Primavera Lane near Vero Road.

Officials say a detached garage was on fire and was person was injured.

An ambulance was requested at the scene.

This is a developing story and will be updated as information becomes available.