Residents of San Luis Obispo County are invited to attend an informational meeting about the county-wide storm water resource planning efforts.
Coastal San Luis Resource Conservation District is inviting members of the public to attend an information meeting on county-wide resource planning efforts.
As a result of Senate Bill 985, public agencies are required to develop a plan that meets State Water Board guidelines as a condition of receiving grants for storm water and dry weather runoff capture projects.
The plan will identify and prioritize infrastructure projects on a watershed basis that provide many benefits such as improving water quality, increasing water supply reliability through groundwater recharge, protecting and enhancing environmental habitat, decreasing flood risk, and advancing community opportunities, education, and involvement.
Seven public meetings are planned across the county in August. These meetings will provide information to members of the community about the current plan development activities and to help answer any questions about the planning process, and how to be involved. The meeting dates, times, and locations are listed below:
- Monday, August 6 from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. at San Miguel CSD, 1150 Mission St., San Miguel.
- Tuesday, August 7 from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. at California Valley CSD, 13080 Soda Lake Rd., California Valley.
- Wednesday August 8 from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Nipomo CSD Board Room, 148 South Wilson St., Nipomo.
- Thursday August 9 from 7:00 – 8:00 p.m. at Shandon Park Clubhouse, 101 E Center St., Shandon.
- Monday, August 13 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Los Osos CSD Board Room, 2122 9th St. Suite 102, Los Osos.
- Tuesday, August 14 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Cavalier Oceanfront Resort, 9415 Hearst Dr., San Simeon.
- Thursday, August 16 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Romona Garden Park Center, N 10th St., Grover Beach.
Participants will learn about using storm water as a resource and the types of projects that can create multiple benefits. The draft storm water resource plan will be released for public review and comment in September 2018.
Community members are invited to attend another meeting to review and provide input on the draft plan on September 20, 2018 at 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. in the San Luis Obispo City Library Community Room at 995 Palm Street.