Drivers in Lompoc can expect minor delays as pavement work takes place the next two weeks.
Pavement repairs begin Tuesday, Sept. 4 and last through Friday, Sept. 14.
Some lane closures will be required as the work is completed. One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction, unless otherwise noted.
The pavement work will take place from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. everyday.
Here is a list of the planned lane closures:
- Tuesday, Sept. 4 – westbound #2 (right side) lane of Central Avenue from D Street to O Street.
- Wednesday, Sept. 5 – eastbound #2 (right side) lane of Central Avenue from O Street to D Street, and all turns and crossings of Central Avenue from northbound L Street and from northbound D Street.
- Thursday, Sept. 6 – westbound #1 (left side) lane and westbound left turn lanes of Central Avenue from D Street to O Street.
- Friday, Sept. 7 – eastbound #1 (left side) lane and eastbound left turn lanes of Central Avenue from O Street to D Street.
- Monday, Sept. 10 – all lanes of D Street for 100 feet south of Central Avenue closed to all traffic, and the closure of select lanes of D Street between Bush Court and North Avenue while still maintaining 2-way traffic.
- Tuesday, Sept. 11 – certain lanes of D Street from the Lompoc Library to College Avenue.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 – portions of the DeWees Community & Senior Center parking lot.
- Thursday, Sept. 13 – certain lanes of North Avenue from H to O, North Avenue from V to Z, Pine Avenue from H to O, Barton Avenue from H to O, Pioneer Park driveway, and River Park Road.
- Friday, September 14 – Various locations for striping and cleanup.
The total construction budget is $695,247 for this 2018 Street Pavement Digout Project, with all street work funded through gas taxes.