Santa Barbara County will be conducting its annual Point In Time Count of individuals and families that are currently experiencing homelessness.
The purpose of this project is to plan local homeless assistance systems and raise public awareness.
On Wednesday, Lompoc police announced volunteers were still needed for the count.
The Point In Time Count effort will be taking place on Thursday, January 24, from 5:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
A team of volunteers and experts will canvas assigned routes throughout the county and briefly document any displaced persons.
There are two additional volunteer training sessions planned this month.
Thursday, January 17
• 5:30 pm: Santa Maria, Salvation Army, 200 W Cook St.
• 6:00 pm: Goleta, Goleta Community Center, 5679 Hollister Ave.
Tuesday, January 22
• 12:00pm: Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara Public Library, 40 E Anapamu St.
• 1:00pm: Santa Maria, Salvation Army, 200 W Cook St.
• 5:30pm: Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara Public Library, 40 E Anapamu St.
• 6:00pm: Lompoc, VFW Lompoc, 100 E Locust Ave.