San Luis Obispo city firefighters and police are on-scene of a roof fire that officials say was caused by illegal fireworks Thursday morning.
SLO City Fire Battalion Chief Neal Berryman tells KSBY firefighters were dispatched to the 800 block of Capitolio Way at about 7:30 a.m.
When crews arrived, they found light smoke coming from the roof area of a two-story commercial building. Chief Berryman said it was immediately clear that the fire had been sparked by fireworks.
“There is plenty of evidence of fireworks on the roof, on the ground and outside the building,” Berryman told KSBY.
San Luis Obispo police officers are now investigating.
Firefighters have extinguished the fire but are continuing to clean up the scene.