Santa Barbara County added 470 new cases of COVID-19 over three days, bringing the county's total to 12,379 confirmed cases as of December 7.
On Saturday, 197 new cases were reported. Another 156 cases were reported on Sunday, and 117 cases were reported on Monday.
Fifty-four people are hospitalized, including 15 patients who are in the ICU. Health officials say 11,598 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 138 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 4,853
- Santa Barbara - 1,757
- Lompoc - 1,275
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,029
- Orcutt - 564
- Isla Vista - 553
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 531
- Goleta - 414
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 334
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 327
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 271
The location of an additional 471 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are open to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Additional testing will also be available at the Public Health Testing Site in Santa Maria from Tuesday, Dec. 8 through Thursday, Dec. 10.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here for information on how to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.