Santa Barbara County is reporting the death of another person who tested positive for COVID-19.
Health officials say the patient was over the age of 70, had underlying health conditions, and lived in a congregate-care facility in the Santa Maria area.
The county also added 26 new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, bringing the county's total to 9,223 confirmed cases as of October 1.
Twenty-three people are hospitalized, including six patients who are in the ICU.
Health officials say 8,939 people have recovered.
Santa Barbara County has had 115 deaths attributed to COVID-19.
Breakdown of cases by location:
- Santa Maria - 3,941
- Santa Barbara - 1,224
- Lompoc federal prison - 1,024
- Lompoc - 846
- Guadalupe and North County unincorporated areas (Sisquoc, Casmalia, Garey, Cuyama, New Cuyama) - 423
- Orcutt - 329
- Goleta - 257
- Isla Vista - 239
- Unincorporated Goleta Valley and Gaviota - 201
- Carpinteria and South County unincorporated areas (Montecito, Summerland) - 196
- Santa Ynez Valley (Solvang, Buellton, Santa Ynez, Los Alamos, Los Olivos, Ballard) - 153
The location of an additional 390 cases is listed as "pending."
Three free coronavirus testing sites are available to the community in Santa Maria, Buellton, and Goleta.
Appointments are required at all locations. Click here or call 888-634-1123 to make an appointment.
For more information on the county's COVID-19 response, visit publichealthsbc.org.