The Economic Vitality Corporation (EVC) of San Luis Obispo County is partnering with First 5 SLO County, the SLO County Child Care Planning Council, and the Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County (CAPSLO) to start a COVID-19 relief supply drive.
The supply drive will benefit nearly 300 local child care programs by collecting items including:
- Disinfectant wipes
- Hand soap
- Hand sanitizer
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Child safe paint
- Paper of all types
- Non-contact thermometers
- Cloth masks
Donations can be dropped off at six locations in San Luis Obispo County:
- CAPSLO CCRC Office (805-A Fiero Lane, San Luis Obispo)
- SLO Chamber of Commerce (895 Monterey Street, San Luis Obispo)
- Four SESLOC Federal Credit Union locations:
- 380 El Camino Real, Atascadero
- 1399 Grand Avenue, Arroyo Grande
- 705 Golden Hill Road, Paso Robles
- 3807 Broad Street, San Luis Obispo
The EVC stated its goal for the supply drive is to provide local child care programs, regardless of size, critical resources they need to effectively and safely run their child care operations during the pandemic.
“The support of the business community is meaningful and contributes to the viability of child care programs as well as the health, safety, and education of our community’s children,” said Shana Paulson, Children Services Manager with CAPSLO.
All donations are tax-deductible and will be distributed to San Luis Obispo County childcare programs through CAPSLO.
The drive runs through Jan. 27.